Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's on Your Nightstand



I missed September's Nightstand, so i'm jumping back in for October. From my last post in August I Shepherding a Child's Heart, The Christian Mom's Idea Book, The Time Traveler's Wife on CD, it was a very good book, but there is no way i could have stuck with it, chasing after the boys. In September I finished up Strong Women Soft Hearts and tried to read Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels, but only was able to get partway into it before it had to go back to the library. I also listened to Strawberry Shortcake Murder on CD. All were really great books.   Shepherding a Child's Heart has a lot of notes and underlining in it, i will be going back to it over and over again. Strong Women Soft Hearts was also a great book with lots of underlining that i will be going back to time and time again.
So on my nightstand for this coming month are the following.


Bringing Up Boys - James Dobson - I've read a few more chapters in this one. I don't know how long it will take me to get through it, I'm doing a lot of underlining and making notes.
Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
Nights in Rodanthe - Nicholas Sparks - I would really like to see both of these movies and i always love to read the books before seeing the movies. 
Where Do I Go? - Neta Jackson
Who Do I Talk To? - Neta Jackson - I loved the Yada Yada Prayer Group series. Hope these are just as good.
The Physik Book of Deliverance Dane - Katherine Howe - Picked this one up on a whim, not even sure what its really about or if its any good. But we'll see.

I went to the library to pick up Dear John and as you can see from my list it was a big mistake, once i'm there i just can't help piling up the books. Most of them aren't even on my Fall Into Reading List, oops. Head on over to 5 Minutes for Books and see what others have on their nightstands for this month.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't had much success with audio books, but I know some folks are huge fans, so whatever way you get your books in, I say it's a good thing! :)

    Happy reading this month!
    -Dawn, 5 Minutes for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go with underlining and writing in margins! I absolutely love to write notes in my books--but I can't quite do that in library books, so I have to be judicious about what books I buy and what books I borrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Dear John. And Bringing Up Boys and Bringing Up Girls are two that I want to add to my shelves!!

    This is my fist link-up for What's On Your Nghtstand! So glad I found it! I love reading about what others are reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Physik Book of Deliverance Dane looks really good - it's one I keep thinking of reading also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed The Physik Book of Deliverance Dane, I read it shortly after a visit to Salem, MA. Have a great reading month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also can't go to the library and come out with only one book. I hope you are able to get through your entire stack! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear how much you liked Strong Women Soft Hearts. I started reading it a long time ago, but then for who knows why, I stopped. Now I'm reading Crazy Love, when I'm done with that, I'll definitely go back to SWSH. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete