Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What's on Your Nightstand - A Day Late



I was so excited to participate in the What's on Your Nightstand. And then yesterday was just a blur. So i'm going to go ahead and post a day late. I didn't do much reading last month, but i'm determined to get through a few of the books i've been in the middle of for quite some time. So here's whats on my nightstand right now, for September.

Shepherding a Child's Heart - Tedd Tripp - We started this book in our Sunday School class this past winter and i'm still trying to finish up the last couple of chapters. It's been an interesting book and definitely has given us lots to discuss and think about. I only have i think one chapter left, so hoping to finish it up very soon.
Strong Women Soft Hearts - Paula Rineheart - I started this book back in April or May and am about 1/2 way through, it was very good and am not sure why i put it down in June and seem to have forgotten it. I started to read it with an online book club; The Bloom Bookclub.
Bringing Up Boys - James Dobson - This one i received as a gift from my hubby's grandma for one of my son's baptisms. So i've had it a few years and finally last February decided to start reading it. Well some of the statistics were sort of freaking me out and then we started the Shepherding a Child's Heart in Sunday School so Bringing up Boys was put to the side, but am really looking forward to reading through it.
Master Your Metabolism - Jillian Michaels - Not sure about this one, i've watched a few episodes of Losing It with Jillian and she intrigues me. The reason i grabbed this book from the library is because i need to make some changes to my diet and besides the obvious of cutting back sweets and eating more fruits and vegetables i wanted some more information and just thought, why not.

Not pictured.
The Christian Mom's Idea Book - Ellen Banks Elwell - This book was lent to me by a friend at church i'm part way through and have found a few good ideas and tips i might be using.
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger - I started to read this one and had to renew it 3 times and still was barely half way through. Not that i didn't think it was good, it was just hard for me to find time to get into it and read it last month while i was trying. So i just went and picked it up on CD from the library and will try to get through it this way.

So that's what's on my nightstand for this month. I'm hoping i can get through them all and then throw a few fun ones in for pure entertainment.

5 comments:

  1. I bet that TTTW would make a good audiobook, though it might be hard to follow - but having read some of it will probably help.

    Thanks for jumping in and joining us your second day of blogging!!

    www.5minutesforbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got involved-even if a little late. Hope you have better luck listening to Time Traveler's Wife this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging! So glad you shared your pile with us. Shepherding a Child's Heart is my all-time favorite parenting book, and Bringing Up Boys is great as well.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Lauren from 5MinutesforBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Time Traveler's Wife, I hope you are able to get through it on CD. I find audiobooks are a great way to sneak in extra books. Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy @ 5minutesforbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can echo the love for TTTW-- my favorite novel ever. (I've read it three times and was an emotional wreck each and every time!) Enjoy and thanks for joining us.

    -Dawn, 5minutesforbooks.com

    ReplyDelete